Monday, April 26, 2010

The meaning of my name

The name Ashley comes from the root Ash, and Leah. Leah means wood. The meaning of the name Ashley is Ash-Tree and Lives in the ash tree grove. In ‘Gone with the Wind’ Ashley is used as a boy’s name also. The name Ashley comes from Old English. Ashley was a very popular name in the 1990’s.

Anna is my middle name. Anna means gracious and merciful; it comes from Hebrew origin. Anna was originally the name Hannah, and then just shortened to be Anna. There are many songs that are named Anna. It is a pretty common and popular name.

My parents chose the name Ashley for my first name because it was the only name that they could both agree on. My father wanted me to be named Anna, or Isabella after his grandmother or mother. My mother did not like either of these names, and suggested that they used Anna as my middle name, it being a family tradition to use another family members name for the first or middle name, and my mother and father both could agree on Ashley. My parents had no idea what they would have named me if I was a boy.

I enjoy my name; I think that it fits me very well. If I had been named Isabella I don’t think that name would have fit me as well as Ashley fits me. People respond to my name in different ways, many people have said that my name fits me very well. Most people call me Ashley, many of my close friends and family call me Ash, and some of my closest friends call me Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment